I am a big fan of free utilities to do day to day tasks in office and as well as at home. I would recommend this tool for pdf to doc conversion. It’s easy to use and retain layout, formatting and graphics.
Text Mining Tool is a freeware program for extraction of text from files of the pdf, doc, rtf, chm, html without need to have installed any other programs like Word, Acrobat, etc. The beauty of the program is that it works, extremely simply, on almost all common forms of documents. That includes HTML web pages, both DOC and RTF document formats from Microsoft Word and others like Open Office, Windows Help files ending in CHM, and portable documents using PDF format.
- No payment or license restrictions. Tool is absolutely free.
- Works as converter of PDF, DOC, RTF, CHM, HTML files to text.
- User-friendly interface with hotkeys available.
- Console tool minetext for automation of text converting is included.
- .NET 2.0 framework based.
- No installation is needed. Just unpack the program and use.