- Run the program (taskbaric.exe) to iconize the taskbar buttons.
- To undo the effect, simply run the program again.
- To get the optimal results with the XP version (taskbaric_xp.exe), apply the registry changes given as under to change the width of the buttons.
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor. Now go to following key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktopWindowMetrics
- In right-side pane, create a new String value MinWidth and set its value to –255
7. That’s it. Log off or restart your system and get ready to have iconized taskbar in your system.
8. To restore default taskbar behavior, delete the MinWidth String value and log off or restart your system.
Note: I am going to attach a registry script for those who are not very much familiar with registry settings. Use the under given link to download the script.
Note: In some cases, the registry change alone is sufficient. But if you’re still seeing texts like the picture below, then taskbaric_xp.exe will hide those texts for you.
Please use the under given link to download the taskbaric;