How to Install SharePoint 2016 Prerequisites Offline
SharePoint is a great solution from Microsoft. I really love working on this solution. Sometimes, it really create lot of problems while installing it on a standalone server. This problem occurred with a server where the internet was not available. I download all the requirements locally and started installing one by one. I installed all of them, here comes the problem. The AppFabric is not configured correctly so i uninstalled and installed it again, no chance. The installation was successful, configuration was successful as well. Still the installer was giving the above error.
After a little google search I found that even you have installed all the requirements one by one, the installation will not work. You have to run the prerequisite installer and install all the requirements using it. I downloaded all the files, put them in a directory. fortunately or unfortunately, that directory was created on C drive of that server. I used the elevated power shell to execute the under given command to install it so that it can use the local downloaded files to Install Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Prerequisites Offline but was unlucky.
Install Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Prerequisites Offline
Command to install SharePoint 2016 Prerequisites offline.
"/SQLNCli:$SharePoint2016Path\sqlncli.msi /IDFX11:$SharePoint2016Path\MicrosoftIdentityExtensions-64.msi /Sync:$SharePoint2016Path\Synchronization.msi /AppFabric:$SharePoint2016Path\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /MSIPCClient:$SharePoint2016Path\setup_msipc_x64.exe /WCFDataServices56:$SharePoint2016Path\WcfDataServices.exe /DotNetFx:$SharePoint2016Path\NDP453-KB2969351-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /MSVCRT11:$SharePoint2016Path\vcredist_x64.exe /MSVCRT14:$SharePoint2016Path\vc_redist.x64.exe /KB3092423:$SharePoint2016Path\AppFabric-KB3092423-x64-ENU.exe"
Make sure you copy and paste the exact command and don’t forget to change the variable paths. Take care of the double quotes given in this command.
Under given files are the prerequisites of Microsoft SharePoint 2016
- SQL Client (SQLnCli.msi)
- Microsoft Identity Extension (MicrosoftIdentityExtensions-64.msi)
- Microsoft Sync Framework 1.0 SP1 (Synchronization.msi). You can download this ZIP file and unzip it on local directory. find the file with name synchronization.msi.
- AppFabric 1.1 (WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe)
- Cumulative Update 7 (KB3092423) for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (AppFabric-KB3092423-x64-ENU.exe)
- Active Directory Rights Management Services Client 2.1 (setup_msipc_x64.exe)
- Windows Communications Framework Data Services 5.6.0 (WcfDataServices56.exe)
- .NET Framework 4.6 (NDP453-KB2969351-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe)
- Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (vcredist_x64.exe)
- Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (vc_redist.x64.exe)
The above instructions will give an error if the smart screen has been enabled on the server. The error will be something like this “The path is not accessible”. To check the exact error, you can go to installation log on the finish screen of the prerequisite installer. To solve this issue put the prerequistefiles directory on desktop of the current user and run the command with administrator privileges. Once the installation is successful. Start Microsoft SharePoint 2016 installer. I hope this will solve the problem.