PowerEdge 2650 ESM (embedded Server Management) error can be corrected by doing a very simple task given below;
Remote Access Controller (RAC) Firmware Repair Utility
Firmware Version 3.13 and Firmware Version 3.35
Instructions to create Repair Diskettes:
1. This utility will require 2 formatted diskettes.
2. Insert the first diskette
3. Press the Continue button.
4. When the copy is complete, remove the diskette and insert the second diskette.
5. Press the Continue button.
6. When copy is complete, press the Finish button.
RAC Controllers Supported:
Embedded Remote Access [ERA]
Remote Access Card III/XT
RAC Repair Utility Instructions:
1. Insert the first update diskette into the target system with RAC installed and reboot the system.
You are prompted to confirm reflashing the RAC.
2. After you confirm the update, you are prompted to insert the second update diskette.
The RAC Flash update will start automatically, displaying status information on the screen.
3. After the update has successfully completed,remove the update diskette and reboot the system.
NOTE: This utility reprograms the RAC to preinstalled settings. All user modified settings will be erased.
If you are upgrading a system and you want to save/restore any modified RAC configurations, see the racadm getconfig/config commands in the “Dell Remote Access Controller Racadm User’s Guide” for instructions.
I installed it on my own PowerEdge 2650 Server and It worked great but use at your own risk. ITOPERATIONZ team will not be responsible for any kind of data loss.
Please leave your valuable comments about your experiences and if this article helped you please give it a thumbs up on stumble or facebook.