You can’t reset your own password because password reset isn’t properly setup for your organization
Under given are the basic requirements for this post. If you are an end user, please contact your domain administrator so that he can do it for you.
- Account type = Work or School
- Service =Microsoft Office 365
- Account required for configuration = Microsoft Office365 administrator
You can’t reset your own password because password reset isn’t properly setup for your organization is an error which gives a pretty straight message that the user is not allowed to reset his password. The administrator of your domain has not been able to setup the password reset or left this is option due to lack of time. Administrator needs to configure the password reset functionality so that end users can reset the password without requesting the administrator. There are few basic steps to configure password reset.
Follow the under listed instructions to configure it. This is post is only for Office365 admins as only administrator user will be able to make the changes. Also password reset is by default available for administrators only.
- Open office 365 admin center.
- Go to Azure Active Directory from left navigation panel.
If you can’t see Azure Active Directory in the admin center please select Show All Admin Centers from the bottom of left navigation pane.
3. In Azure Active Directory Admin Center go to Users from left navigation pane. For more information visit this URL
4. Go to Password reset
5. Select “Self Service Password Reset enabled” for ALL
Note: These settings only apply to end users in your organization. Admins are always enabled for self-service password reset and are required to use two authentication methods to reset their password. Click here to learn more about administrator password policies.
6. Save the settings and test it using any end user to check if the password reset feature is working for your organization.