Remove Ads from Skype Chat Window
how to remove Ads from Skype Chat Window can be question being asked from everyone for the IT department after the release of Skype with Ads on the right side. Recently Skype has started showing video ads on chat windows. its really annoying, you are in the middle of the discussion and suddenly a video automatically starts playing with full volume. There is no way you can remove these ads from the options under tools menu. You can disable these ads by following under given instructions:
- Block the URL https://apps.skype.com in internet explorer. For this go to security tab and then go to restricted sites.
- Go to C:\users\[user name]\App Data\Roaming\Skype\[Skype username]. For this you need to unhide all the hidden files and folders.
- You should see a config.xml file in this directory.
- Right-click it and choose Edit (better take a backup of the file in case of any problem), then find (You can use Ctrl+F to find the line quickly.) the line with <AdvertPlaceholder> and delete the entire line.
- Make sure to save your changes to the file before exiting.
- Now restart the Skype and your ads will be gone